Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
Briggs & Stratton 40442 8000-watt Home Standby Generator System with 50-Amp Automatic Transfer Switch
- Includes 50 amp transfer switch with flexible indoor/outdoor installation
- Closer placement options as close as 18 in. from your home per the National Fire Protection Agency 37 standard
- Built from the Galvanneal steel used in the automotive industry for long-term durability
- Comprehensive 4-year parts, labor, and travel limited warranty
More Home Generators To Choose From
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- 5-Year limited Warranty for automatic standby generators.
- Up to whole house protection with the 200 Amp, NEMA 3R (aluminum outdoor enclosure) smart switch
- Smart, User-friendly controls. Generac’s evolution controller features a multilingual LCD display that allows you to Monitor Battery status and track maintenance intervals to ensure your generator is always in top operating condition.
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i for additional power. Two identical models can be paralleled with an optional cable or cord for up to 4400 watts of power, or time-consuming applications.
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 7500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start – Power up the 439cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge – Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals.1.5 Inch dia. tubular steel frame for protection and durability
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP12000EH is Powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 457cc DuroMax OHV Engine
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 12,000 starting watts and 9,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: This generator runs on gasoline or propane giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
Last update on 2020-09-26 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Guide To Home Generators
Back up electrical power is vital not merely in small business establishments but in addition in households. This is in particular so if people are encountering man-made or organic calamities and have no way of avoiding power shortage.
During these unfortunate times, people require a source of energy to energy up appliances or furniture that may be important in running their family. Examples of these are heaters to warm the home in winter instances, air conditioning for summertime times and naturally, oven and other cooking appliances for foods support.
Generators are critical mainly because folks have no way of determining how prolonged the power will probably be down. If you need to make sure that your property will remain in a very good and secure situation, you'll want to have back up power in order and able to use at any time.
What are the 2 sorts of back up generators?
This is actually the most economical generator that is definitely capable of supplying back up energy. Transportable generators would be the most usually used in properties or home. Appliances that required energy supply are plugged right into this generator. This can be completed using wires and various cords which can be applicable towards the appliances.
Lots of of those variety of generator presently has advance capabilities just like the quit or start button which persons can use to be capable to save up on the power they may be needing for some time.
Moveable generators also have unique varieties depending on the volt specification that you're applying in your home. You can manage to choose from 120 up to 240 volts capability.
One among the extensively employed transportable generators could be the one particular that is gasoline-powered. Individuals pick this type of generator since it prices significantly less in comparison with another style. There are even individuals that run on diesel or even a combination of each.
One among the downside to that is that it cannot be utilised for longer time. People have to refill and refuel this generator usually for being ready to lengthen its electrical power support. Moreover, diesel powered generators are considerably more pricey. Although it is much more effective and with supplies which can be easy to discover, you might locate it difficult to begin in cold seasons.
Permanent Home Generators
Long term generators are programmed for being turned on automatically inside the specified time just after energy reduction. These generators are linked on the wiring procedure within the home. This is why it will eventually commence on its personal no matter whether there is nobody present while in the property in the course of black out. It also has the capacity to shut down on its personal when electrical power is restored.
This kind of generator is powered by purely natural gases. The type of fuel that you're applying to power a lot of the appliances at your property may also be used to energy this generator.
The choice of everlasting generator will depend on how the property owners program to implement it. In the event you ought to power up additional than the needed appliances, then you definately can select permanent generators which have far more than 17,000 watts capability.
These types are usually additional costly than moveable generators. But with all its capacity, the preliminary cash invested will probably be well worth it as soon as you see the kind of back up power it can supply whenever you need to have it the most.