Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- 100-Amp 120/240 volt single phase Smart transfer switch is housed in a Steel NEMA/UL type 3R enclosure
- Transfer switch connects through the utility meter for easy installation; smaller fuses integrated into the control board
- Heavy duty Generac contactor is a UL recognized Device designed for years of service
- The controller at the generator handles all the timing, sensing, exercising functions and transfer commands
- Can be used in Tandem with Generac's Smart Management modules, up to 8 more loads can be managed as well, providing the most installation efficient power Management options available
More Home Generators To Choose From
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12, 000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- POWERFUL DUROSTAR ENGINE: The DS4000S is powered by a DuroStar 7 HP 208cc OHV engine with automatic low oil shutoff; Fuel Capacity: 3.96 Gallons; Noise Level: 69dB
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 4,000 peak watts and 3,300 running watts, this unit is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- POWER PANEL: Includes a selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 2 120V household outlets and 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet; Also includes a voltmeter for measuring voltage output
- Dimensions: 18" x 11" x 18" | Weight: 50 lbs
- Noise Level: 53 dB operation
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 110.8 lb
- EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
Last update on 2020-12-24 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Home Generator Guide
Back up energy is vital not only in small business establishments but also in houses. That is specifically so if people today are encountering man-made or organic calamities and also have no method of stopping energy shortage.
For the duration of these unfortunate occasions, folks need a source of power to energy up appliances or furniture that may be essential in running their home. Examples of these are heaters to warm the residence in winter occasions, air conditioning for summer time times and naturally, oven and other cooking appliances for food support.
Generators are essential because individuals have no method of identifying how long the energy will probably be down. If you'd like to make certain that your property will continue to be in the great and stable condition, you must have back up power in order and ready to use at any time.
What are the 2 sorts of back up generators?
This is the most cost-effective generator that's capable of supplying back up vitality. Moveable generators are the most frequently utilized in houses or home. Appliances that wanted electrical power supply are plugged directly into this generator. This can be done employing wires and other cords which have been applicable towards the appliances.
Lots of of these kind of generator by now has advance attributes such as the quit or get started button which persons can use to get in a position to save up over the vitality they might be needing for a while.
Portable generators also have distinct types depending on the volt specification that you're making use of in your home. You can be capable to choose from 120 as much as 240 volts capability.
One among the extensively utilised moveable generators could be the 1 that's gasoline-powered. Men and women opt for this type of generator because it fees less compared to another style. There are even people that run on diesel or possibly a mixture of the two.
Certainly one of the downside to this is that it cannot be made use of for longer time. Persons have to refill and refuel this generator usually to become ready to lengthen its energy assistance. Also, diesel powered generators are a lot more high priced. Although it is far more efficient and with supplies which have been simple to find, you could obtain it difficult to start off in cold seasons.
Permanent Home Generators
Long lasting generators are programmed to be turned on automatically inside of the specified time following energy reduction. These generators are connected towards the wiring method inside the home. This is why it's going to start out on its own whether there is certainly no person present while in the residence through black out. Additionally, it has the capability to shut down on its own the moment energy is restored.
This type of generator is powered by organic gases. The type of fuel that you are employing to electrical power some of the appliances at your home can also be utilised to energy this generator.
The decision of long term generator will depend on how the house owners system to use it. For those who should electrical power up extra compared to the needed appliances, then you definately can select long lasting generators that have additional than 17,000 watts capability.
These varieties tend to be much more expensive than portable generators. But with all its capacity, the initial dollars spent might be well worth it as soon as you see the type of back up energy it will eventually deliver if you want it essentially the most.