Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- 200-Amp 120/240 volt single phase Smart transfer switch with service disconnect which is housed in an aluminum NEMA/UL type 3R enclosure with electrostatically applied and baked powder paint
- Transfer switch connects through the utility meter for easy installation
- Heavy duty Generac contactor is a UL recognized Device, designed for years of service, the controller at the generator handles all the timing, sensing, exercising functions and transfer commands.Maximum Wattage:48000 Watts
- Can be used in Tandem with Generac Smart Management modules, up to 8 more loads can be managed as well, providing the most installation efficient power Management options available
- 5-year limited warranty; Replacement for RTSW200A3
More Home Generators To Choose From
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12, 000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- POWERFUL DUROSTAR ENGINE: The DS4000S is powered by a DuroStar 7 HP 208cc OHV engine with automatic low oil shutoff; Fuel Capacity: 3.96 Gallons; Noise Level: 69dB
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 4,000 peak watts and 3,300 running watts, this unit is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- POWER PANEL: Includes a selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 2 120V household outlets and 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet; Also includes a voltmeter for measuring voltage output
- Dimensions: 18" x 11" x 18" | Weight: 50 lbs
- Noise Level: 53 dB operation
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 110.8 lb
- EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
Last update on 2020-12-24 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Home Generator Guide
Back up electrical power is vital not merely in business establishments but in addition in residences. That is particularly so if persons are experiencing man-made or organic calamities and have no means of avoiding power shortage.
Throughout these unfortunate instances, folks require a source of power to electrical power up appliances or furniture that's crucial in running their home. Examples of those are heaters to warm the residence in winter occasions, air conditioning for summer time occasions and of course, oven and other cooking appliances for food support.
Generators are crucial mainly because persons have no means of figuring out how lengthy the energy will likely be down. If you want to make sure that your property will continue to be within a great and steady condition, you'll want to have back up power in order and ready to use at any time.
What are the 2 sorts of back up generators?
This is the most cost-effective generator that is capable of supplying back up energy. Moveable generators would be the most frequently used in houses or household. Appliances that necessary energy supply are plugged straight into this generator. This is performed applying wires together with other cords which have been applicable to your appliances.
Quite a few of these sort of generator by now has advance functions like the stop or commence button which people today can use to become ready to save up within the energy they might be needing for some time.
Portable generators also have unique types depending on the volt specification that you are employing in your house. You might be able to select from 120 up to 240 volts capability.
One of the extensively applied moveable generators is the one that's gasoline-powered. Persons pick this type of generator since it fees much less compared to the other style. You can find even those that run on diesel or perhaps a combination of each.
Among the downside to this really is that it cannot be utilized for longer time. Persons must refill and refuel this generator usually to be in a position to lengthen its electrical power assistance. Additionally, diesel powered generators are much more high priced. Although it is extra effective and with supplies which have been uncomplicated to uncover, you may locate it difficult to commence in cold seasons.
Permanent Home Generators
Long lasting generators are programmed to get turned on immediately inside of the specified time after energy loss. These generators are connected for the wiring process inside the home. For this reason it can start out on its own whether there is certainly no one present inside the residence in the course of black out. Additionally, it has the capacity to shut down on its own after energy is restored.
This type of generator is powered by pure gases. The type of fuel that you're making use of to electrical power some of the appliances at your property may also be made use of to electrical power this generator.
The option of long term generator will depend on how the property owners prepare to implement it. If you ought to power up a lot more than the expected appliances, then you can go for long term generators which have more than 17,000 watts capability.
These types are usually a lot more high priced than transportable generators. But with all its capability, the original money spent is going to be really worth it once you see the kind of back up power it will give when you want it quite possibly the most.